Monday, August 9, 2010

Texan Conor Doyle en la Liga Inglesa

Conor Doyle soccer dreams have come sooner rather than later. At the age of 18, most talented American youth soccer players envision soccer as a means to a college scholarship. The opportunities of college lead to a possible career, the revelation of self-growth and enjoying the life experiences of the college life. But for Conor Doyle, he tells how he has given up his 4 year scholarship to Creighton University for his childhood dream of becoming a professional soccer player. The day before the season opener against Leeds United, Conor along with his mother and father in attendance signed his contract to be a striker for the 2nd division club, Derby County FC.
photo by DCFC and Doug Fejer
El sueño de Comor Doyle llegó más pronto que tarde. A la edad de 18, la mayoría de jugadores de fútbol ven al fútbol como una beca para ingresar al College. Las oportunidades aqui pueden llevar a una posible carrera, el descubrir que se ha crecido y el disfrute de la vida en esta etapa estudiantil. Pero Conor Doyle, dice como ha preferido sus cuatro años de beca en la universidad Creighton por el sueño de su niñez el convertirse en un jugador profesional de fútbol. Un día antes de la apertura de la temporada contra Leeds United, Conor junto a sus padres firmaba el contrato como delantero de la segunda división del club County Derby FC.
TFG: How were your firsts years into soccer?/Como fueron tus primeros años dentro del fútbol?
CD: My first memory of playing soccer would have to be playing with the Lazers and in my first game I knocked over a girl to score my first goal ha then my mom told me to go back and help her up. / Lo primero que me acuerdo jugando fútbol puede ser con los Lazers y en mi primer partido golpee a una chica para anotar mi primer gol, después mi mamá me dijo que volviera a ayudarla.
TFG: Who is your mentor (s), and what can you tell them now that you are a professional?/ Quien es tu mentor (s) y que puedes decirle (s) ahora que te has convertido en profesional?
CD
:
My main mentor is my father, David Doyle, and growing up around the professional atmosphere! I would like to tell him that he did a great job as a dad. Thanks for everything Dad!/ Mi principal mentor es mi papá David Doyle, y como crecí en la atmósfera del fútbol profesional me gustaría decirle que hizo un gran trabajo como padre. Garcias por todo papá!
TFG: Being a texan how did you ended up going to Creighton/Omaha?/Siendo de Texas como terminaste en Creighton, Omaha?
CD: I got recruited heavily by the coaches up there. Then when I went on my visits the guys there were incredible and the team soccer wise was very talented also, so it made my decision pretty easy to be honest. / Fuí reclutado por los entrenadores de allá. Después, cuando fuí a visitarlos los muchachos fueron increibles y el equipo era talentoso, eso hizo que mi decisión fuera más fácil, para ser honesto.
TFG: Which one was your very first soccer team?/Cuál fue tu primer equipo de fútbol?
CD: My very first soccer team was called the Lazers. / Mi primer equipo se llamaba Los Lazers.
TFG: Did you have any idea that you will be going to England that young?. If not what MLS team wanted to join in the near future?/ Tenías alguna idea que ibas a terminar yendo a Inglaterra tan joven?. Si no hubiera sido así en que equipo de la MLS te habría gustado estar inmediatamente?
CD: I had no idea I would be leaving this early to be playing over here! but um! if this didn't happen then I would have gone back to college and played out my years. But, Since there is a MLS draft I couldn't really choose what team. If I had a choice I would probably choose to play for Seattle or LA just due to the fan base they receive. / No tenía ninguna idea que terminaría saliendo tan temprano para jugar fútbol aquí!, pero humm! si esto no sucedía entonces habría vuelto al college y terminar jugando allí hasta. Pero, desde que hay el draft de la MLS, en realidad no podría escoger un equipo, pero si tuviera que elegir, basado en la hinchada que tienen probablemente elegiría jugar por Seattle o Los Angeles.
TFG: What player and team did you like in the World Cup?/ Que jugador y selección te gustó en la Copa Mundial?
CD: I liked Rooney considering I am a United fan, but I always favored Spain to win the tournament. /Considerando que soy hincha del United me gustó Rooney, pero siempre pensé que España ganaría el campeonato.
TFG: What are your skills you thought had taken to this stage of soccer?/ Cuales son tus habilidades que piensas te han llevado hasta este nivel del fútbol?
CD
:
I don't really know to be honest ha but I would say my vision and knowledge of the game. / Para ser honesto no lo sé, diría que son mi visión y conocimiento del partido.
TFG: Hadn't been soccer what profession would you have wanted to embrace?/ Si no fuera fútbol que profesión te habría gustado seguir?
CD: I don't know what I would do if soccer was not my profession it has always been my dream to do this, but once again if I had to choose a profession I would probably be a physical therapist or something like that so I could stay close to the game. / No sé que haría si el fútbol no fuera mi profesión, siempre ha sido mi sueño jugar fútbol, pero una vez más, si tuviera que elegir una profesión probablemente sería Terapista Físico o algo parecido.
TFG: What can you say to your teammates from Texas and Omaha?/Que les dirías a tus compañeros de Texas y Omaha?
CD: I would like to tell my former teammates from both the Texans and Creighton that it was an honor to play with them and without them I wouldn't be the player I am today. I looked at them not just as teammates but as brothers and would do anything for them!!/ Me gustaría decirles a mis compañeros de ambos lugares, Texas y Creighton, que fue un honor jugar con ellos y si no fuera por ellos no sería el jugador que soy ahora. Los he visto no sólo como compañeros sino como hermanos y haría cualquier cosa por ellos!.
TFG: Besides soccer what else are you planning to do in England?/ A parte de fútbol que otra cosa piensas hacer en Inglaterra?.
CD: Right now soccer is my main focus here in England. I am going to have to learn to drive over here though so that should be interesting ha. / En estos momentos mi principal interés es fútbol. Voy a tener que aprender a manejar aquí en Inglaterra y creo que va a ser interesante ah!.

No comments:

Post a Comment